The JetBlue Airways cancellation policies vary in two types, one in which the flights gets canceled by the traveler and the other is in which the airline itself cancel the flights. The situations and policies are different in both cases. Moreover, it also depends on the fare options purchased by a traveler. Let’s know more about it here-
JetBlue Airways permits travelers to cancel their ticket within 24 hours after the airline reservation. In any case, if the ticket is canceled post 24 hours then a traveler has to pay some penalty to the airline.
- In case of online booking, open “Manage Flights” tab in order to cancel or change the flight.
- In case of changes in flight, a traveler has to pay a relevant fare difference additionally to the change
- If a traveler is making some changes in the airline reservation post 24 hours, then he/she won’t get any credit card refund and cancellation fee will be charged.
- If a traveler is canceling the ticket that he has bought from JetBlue flight credit then it has a validity of one year from the date of cancellation for JetBlue flight.
- If a traveler doesn’t cancel or change the flight before the departure then all the payment that he has made for the booking is forfeited.
In this scenario, a full refund would be given to the traveler only if he/she cancels the booking prior to the departure. But, if the flight doesn’t get canceled before departure then he/she won’t be eligible for a refund.
If a traveler changes or cancels the flight before departure them the fee that is applicable per person along with a difference in fare. If the changes are not made before departure then all the payment would be kept as an extra charge. It is known as “No Shows”.
- If a person is making a direct call then he/she must have all the necessary details such as the name of the customer, the confirmation number, and the credit card number that was used while booking.
- If a person is making changes online then he/ she must have all the required details such as last name, confirmation number, origin and destination cities, and credit card number.
- If a traveler has made the air ticket booking by a travel agency then he/she can change it online easily. In order to know more about it, visit the JetBlue Airways website and then click the tab “My Tips” in order to change the airline reservation.
Notification About Delay and Cancellation:
If some changes have been made in the status of the flight then a traveler gets notified about it by the airline on the e-mails about the real-time status. However, the flight status can be checked online on the website of JetBlue Airways by selecting the option of “Flight Tracker & Status”.
Rebooking of Flight:
A person can also rebook a flight after cancellation by calling directly on the number that is mentioned on JetBlue Airways. A person can also book the flight by visiting the nearby airport.
Compensation for Delay and Cancellation:
If the airline itself is making any delay or cancellation in flight then a traveler is eligible for compensation. If a person has bought the ticket directly from the JetBlue airline, he/she will get notified about the compensation through an email within a week of flight departure.
Hope this blog by Tripbeam helps you a lot in knowing about cancellation policy, compensation & re-booking of flights of JetBlue Airways so that you experience airline reservation without any hassle.